- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- PN 1530 – The monologue.
- PN 1551 – The dialogue.
- PN 1560 to PN 1590 – The performing arts.
- PN 1580 – Performing arts as a profession.
- PN 1600 to PN 3307 – Drama.
- PN 1660 to PN 1693 – Technique of dramatic composition.
- PN 1720 to PN 1861 – History.
- PN 2000 to PN 3307 – Dramatic representation. The theater.
- PN 2061 to PN 2071 – Art of acting.
- PN 2085 to PN 2091 – The stage and accessories.
- PN 2131 to PN 2193 – By period.
- PN 2131 to PN 2145 – Ancient.
- PN 2152 to PN 2160 – Medieval.
- PN 2171 to PN 2179 – Renaissance.
- PN 2181 to PN 2193 – Modern.
Selected Books in the Library
- The Cambridge Guide to Theatre, New Edition.
Call number: PN 2035 .C27 1995.
- Fundamentals of Voice and Diction, 8th Edition.
Call number: PN 4197 .M38 1988.
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of World Drama, 2nd Edition.
Call number: PN 1625 .M3 1984 REF, in 5 volumes.
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance.
Call number: PN 2035 .O94 2003 REF, in 2 volumes.
- The Oxford Illustrated History of Theatre.
Call number: PN 2111 .O95 1995.
- Theatre, Theory, Theatre: The Major Critical Texts from Aristotle and Zeami to Soyinka and Havel,
Call number: PN 2039 .T56 2000.
Selected Videos (DVD)
- Broadway: The American Musical,
Call number: ML 1711.8 .N3 B762 2004 A/V, 2 copies.
- Highlights of the York Mystery Plays,
Call number: PR 1261 .Y675 2005 A/V.
- Medieval Drama: From Sanctuary to Stage,
Call number: PN 1761 .M43 2008 A/V, 2 copies.
- Oedipus the King,
Call number: PA 4414 .O33 T3 2007 A/V, also available streaming from Films On Demand (off-campus access requires login)
- Shakespeare in Our Time,
Call number: PR 2987 .S482 2004 v.1 A/V.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street,
Call number: M 1527 .S95 2008 A/V
- The York Mystery Plays: The Death of Christ,
Call number: PR 1261 .Y672 2004 A/V.
login with your Library User ID or Alt. ID, and your PIN to access these e-books from off-campus.
- Approaches to Acting: Past and Present, 2001, by Daniel Meyer-Dinkgräfe.
- Original Monologs That Showcase Your Talent, 2005, by Dwight Watson.
- The Oxford Companion to American Theatre, 3rd Edition, 2004, from Oxford Reference.
- Public Theatres and Theatre Publics, 2012, by Robert B. Shimko and Sara Freeman, eds.
- Stage Presence, 2008, by Jane R. Goodall.
- Theatre: Its Art and Craft, 6th Edition, 2010, by Stephen M. Archer, Cynthia M. Gendrich, and Woodrow B. Hood.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection
from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
|Gale Literature Resource Center: Author information, overviews, literary criticism and reviews.|
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Follow Ascension Community Theatre on Facebook.
- The Greater New Orleans Theatre Scene is a listing of live performances across Southeast Louisiana (Northshore, the Greater New Orleans area, and the Houma/Thibodaux/Lockport area, searchable by date, venue, shows, and more.
- St. John Theatre, in Reserve, LA.
- Swine Palace, LSU College of Music and Dramatic Arts.
- Theatre Baton Rouge, formerly Baton Rouge Little Theatre.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.