- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Speech Communication Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- HF 5717 to HF 5734.7 – Business communication.
- HF 5718 – Business communication; business presentations.
- P 87 to P 96 – Communications. Mass media.
- P 94.7 – Interpersonal communication.
- P 95 to P95.6 – Oral communication. Speech.
- PN 4001 to PN 4355 – Oratory. Elocution.
- PN 4121 to PN 4129 – Public speaking.
- PN 4197 – Exercises. Voice and diction.
Selected Books in the Library
- Between One and Many: The Art and Science of Public Speaking, 2nd Edition.
Call number: PN 4121 .B777 1997
- Clear and to the Point: 8 Psychological Principles for Compelling PowerPoint Presentations,
Call number: HF 5718.22 .K67 2007
- The Confident Speaker: Beat Your Nerves and Communicate Your Best in Any Situation,
Call number: PN 4129.15 .M65 2007
- Fundamentals of Voice & Diction, 8th Edition.
Call number: PN 4197 .M38 1988
- Mastering Public Speaking, 4th Edition.
Call number: PN 4121 .G719 2001
- Painless Speaking,
Call number: P 95 .M333 2003
- Present Your Way to the Top,
Call number: HF 5718.22 .D46 2010
- Smart Talk: The Public Speaker’s Guide to Success in Every Situation,
Call number: PN 4129.15 .M365 2013
- Boost Your Presentation IQ, 2006, by Marilyn Pincus.
- Butterflies Be Gone: A Hands-on Approach to Sweat-proof Public Speaking , 2008, by Arthur H. Bell.
- The Debatabase Book: A Must-have Guide for Successful Debate, 5th Edition, 2011. 1st (2003) through 4th (2009) editions are also available online.
- Off the Cuff: What to Say at a Moment’s Notice, 2004, by Anne Cooper Ready.
- The Seven Strategies of Master Presenters, 2004, by Bradley C. McRae and David Brooks.
- Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation, 2008, by Brian Tracy.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
|Britannica Online Academic Edition: A full-text encyclopedia with video, maps, & more.|
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Finding Your Unique Authentic Voice, an interview with Norma Hollis, “America’s Leading Authentic Voice Doctor.”
- Public Speaking Tips, From Toastmasters International; also check out their resources and publications (some resources are available only to members, but many are FREE!
- Pew Research Center, a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world.
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research at Cornell University, provides over 50 years of public opinion survey results, including opinion polls on important social issues.
- TED: Ideas worth spreading: “Riveting talks by remarkable people,” offers video of talks on numerous topics, searchable by theme, speaker, etc. Search for “filter bubbles” for an interesting talk on Internet search personalization by Eli Pariser, author of the book The Filter Bubble: What the Internet is Hiding from You.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.