- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- LB 1049 – Methods of study.
- LB 1049.9 – Reading.
- LB 1050.45 – Comprehension.
- LB 1050.54 – Speed reading.
- LB 2395.3 – Reading skills.
- PE 1122 – Modern English – College readers.
Selected Books in the Library
- College Reading and Study Skills,
Call number: LB 2395.3 .M386 2001
- Developing Critical Reading Skills,
Call number: LB 2395.3 .M55 1999
- Keys to Better College Reading,
Call number: PE 1122 .B34 1994
- Ten Steps to Advancing College Reading Skills,
Call number: LB 2395.3 .L345 1999
- The Thinker’s Guide to How to Read a Paragraph: The Art of Close Reading,
Call number: LB 1050.45 .P38 2006
- Work Smarter with Speed Reading,
Call number: LB 1050.54 .K66 2010
- 501 Reading Comprehension Questions, 1999. 4th Edition (2010) and 5th Edition (2013) are available in LearningExpress Library, Adult Learning Center (login and individual account required); visit Academic Help & Tutoring for more information.
- Read Better, Remember More (series: The Basics Made Easy), 1st Edition, 1997, by Elizabeth L. Chesla. 2nd Edition is available in LearningExpress eBooks (login and individual account required); visit Academic Help & Tutoring for more information.
- Improve Your Reading, 4th Edition, 2000, by Ronald W. Fry.
- Reading Comprehension Success in 20 Minutes a Day, # Edition, 1998, by Elizabeth L. Chesla. 5th, 2012 Edition is available in LearningExpress eBooks (login and individual account required); visit Academic Help & Tutoring for more information.
- Reading, Writing, and Reasoning: A Guide for Students, 3rd Edition, 2011, by Gavin Fairbairn.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
The following resources are intended to provide reading materials at various levels for practice rather than for subject-specific research.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Content Area Reading Strategies, from Reading Strategies for the Journey North Teacher from Annenberg Learner.
- Learning Resources: Based in California, this resource uses news stories from CNN and a California channel as the basis for interactive reading modules.
- ProLiteracy Education Network: Includes resources for students and instructors, in areas of reading, writing, and math, as well as everyday skills.
- TV411: Tune in to Learning – Reading, offers videos, web lessons, and printer-friendly documents.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.