- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- BF 1 to BF 990 – Psychology.
- BF 309 to BF 499 – Consciousness. Cognition, including learning, attention, comprehension, memory, imagination, genius, intelligence, thought and thinking, psycholinguistics, mental fatigue.
- BF 692 to BF 692.5 – Psychology of sex. Sexual behavior.
- BF 697 to BF 697.5 – Differential psychology. Individuality. Self.
- BF 698 to BF 698.9 – Personality.
- BF 712 to BF 724.85 – Developmental psychology, including infant psychology, child psychology, adolescence, adulthood.
- HM 1001 to HM 1281 – Social psychology.
- HM 1041 to HM 1101 – Social perception. Social cognition, including perception of the self and others, prejudices, stereotype.
- HM 1106 to HM 117 – Interpersonal relations. Social behavior.
- HM 1176 to HM 1281 – Social influence. Social pressure.
- LB 1050.9 to LB 1091 – Educational psychology.
- RC 435 to RC 571 – Psychiatry.
- RC 475 to RC 489 – Therapeutics. Psychotherapy.
- RC 512 to RC 569.5 – Psychopathology, including Psychoses, Neuroses, Personality disorders and Behavior problems.
Selected Books in the Library
- APA Dictionary of Psychology
Call number: BF 31 .A65 2007
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology
Call number: BF 109.A1 B56 1997 REF
- The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science
Call number: BF 31 .E52 2001 REF
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM-5, 5th Edition.
Call number: RC 455.2 .C4 D54 2013 REF.
Special Topics in Psychology
- The Culture of Education
Call number: LB 1051 .B736 1996
- Handbook of Adolescent Psychology, 3rd Edition.
Call number: BF 724 .H33 2009 REF, in 2 volumes.
- Human Development Across the Life Span: Educational and Psychological Applications
Call number: BF 7 13 .H835 1999
- Sex and Gender, 2nd Edition.
Call number: BF 692.2 .A72 2002.
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
Call number: HM 1106 .G66 2007
Selected Journals, Magazines, & Newspapers
- Psychology and Education
- Psychology Today
- Psychology Basics, Rev. Edition, 2005, by Nancy A. Piotrowski; also available in print, call number BF 31 .P765 2005 REF, in 2 volumes.
- Psychology’s Grand Theorists: How Personal Experiences Shaped Professional Ideas, 2005, by Amy Demorest.
- A Student’s Guide to Studying Psychology, 3rd Edition, 2005, by Thomas Heffernan.
Special Topics in Psychology
- Adolescent Psychological Development: Rationality, Morality, and Identity, 2nd Edition, 2005, by David Moshman.
- Contemporary Social Psychological Theories, 2006, by peter J. Burke.
- Coping with Stress: Effective People and Processes, 2001, by C. R. Snyder.
- Essential Psychology for Nurses and other Health Professionals, 2002, by Graham Russell.
- Evolution and Human Sexual Behavior, 2013, by Peter B. Gray.
- Handbook of Psychology. Vol. 6, Developmental Psychology, 2003, Richard M. Lerner.
- Handbook of Psychology. Vol. 7, Educational Psychology, 2003, by William M. Reynolds.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Glossary of Psychological Terms, From the APA (American Psychological Association). The APA website offers information on APA Style, various topics of psychology, etc. Membership and/or registration may be required to access some of the resources.
- Psychology News, From ScienceDaily, this source offers news, articles, videos, and more
- Psychology Today, the companion site of the popular magazine, Psychology Today, it offers basic information on numerous topics in psychology, limited access to articles from the magazine, and more. We also subscribe to the magazine in print, available in the Library.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.