- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- B 1 to B 5802 – Philosophy (General).
- B 69 to B99 – General works.
- B 108 to B 5802 – By period, including philosophers and schools of philosophy.
- B 5800 to B 5802 – Modern. By religion.
- BC 1 to BC 199 – Logic.
- BD – Speculative philosophy.
- BD 95 – Metaphysics
- BD 143 to BD 237 – Epistemology.
- BJ 1 to BJ 2836 – Ethics.
- BJ 71 to BJ 1185 – History, including individual ethical philosophers.
- BJ 1188 to BJ 1295 – Religious ethics.
- BJ 1518 to BJ 1697 – Individual ethics. Character. Virtue.
- BL 51 to BL 65 – Philosophy of religion.
Selected Books in the Library
- Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy,
Call number: B 51 .C58 2000 REF; also available online as an e-book.
- Encyclopedia of Applied Ethics,
Call number: BJ 63 .E44 1998 REF, in 4 volumes.
- Exploring the Philosophy of Religion, 5th Edition,
Call number: BL 51 .S658 2001
- Historical Introduction to Philosophy, 4th Edition,
Call number: BD 21 .H22 2001
- Sweet Reason: A Field Guide to Modern Logic,
Call number: BD 21 .H22 2001
- World Philosophers and Their Works,
Call number: B 104 .W67 2000 REF, in 3 volumes.
- A Companion to the Philosophy of Religion, 1999, by Philip L. Quinn and Charles Taliaferro, Eds.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Western Philosophy, 3rd Edition, 2005, by Jonathan Rée and J. O. Urmson, Eds.
- Ethics, 1998, by Piers Benn.
- Fifty Major Philosophers, 2nd Edition, 2006, by Diane Collinson.
- Logic: An Introduction, 2006, by Greg Restall.
- The Oxford Companion to Philosophy, 2nd Edition, 2005, by Ted Honderich, ed.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy; “a Peer-Reviewed Academic Resource,” this site, hosted by the Philosophy Dept. at Univ. of Tennessee at Martin, offers different search options to access its original articles.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, hosted at Stanford University, this site offers a peer-reviewed reference source.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.