- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Library Science Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- BF 76.5 to BF 76.8 – Psychology — Research (APA style guides).
- LB 2369 – Research and report writing–handbooks, manuals, etc. (including MLA, Turabian style guides).
- PN 147 – Academic writing–Handbooks, manuals, etc. (including MLA).
- Z 710 – Library research. Research methodology.
- ZA 3060 to ZA 3075 – Information resources — Research. How to find information, including information literacy.
- ZA 4060 to ZA 4080 – Electronic information sources. Research. Electronic information resource literacy.
- ZA 4201 to ZA 4450 – Internet searching. Invisible web. Database searching.
Selected Books in the Library
- 100% Information Literacy Success, 2007.
Call number: ZA 3075 .T394 2007
- The APA Style of Documentation: A Pocket Guide, 2010.
Call number: BF 76.8 .P75 2010, 4 copies available.
- APA: The Easy Way! , 2nd Edition, 2009.
Call number: BF 76.7 H68 2009, 4 copies available.
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition, 2010.
Call number: Z253 .U69 2010
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Research Methods, 2004.
Call number: ZA 3075 .R696 2004
- The Extreme Searcher’s Internet Handbook: A Guide for the Serious Searcher, 2nd Edition, 2007.
Call number: ZA 4230 .H63 2007
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 7th Edition, 2009.
Call number: LB 2369 .T8 2007
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th Edition, 2009.
Call number: LB 2369 .G53 2009.
- The MLA Style of Documentation: A Pocket Guide, 2010.
Call number: PN147 .P76 2010, 4 copies available.
- MLA: The Easy Way, Rev. 7th Edition, 2009.
Call number: LB2369 .H68 2009, 4 copies available.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition, 2010.
Call number: BF 76.7 .P83 2010, three copies, one is Reference.
- Research Strategies: Finding Your Way through the Information Fog, 4th Edition, 2011.
Call number: Z 710 .B23 2011
- Student’s Guide to Writing College Papers, 4th Edition, 2010.
Call number: LB 2369 .T82 2010.
- Writing Research Papers: A Complete Guide, 13th Edition, 2010.
Call number: LB 2369 .L4 2010
- The Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism, 2nd Edition, 2010, by Colin Neville.
- Everything You Need to Know About MLA Citations, 2012, by Stephanie Higley.
- Expert Internet Searching, 4th Edition, 2013, by Phil Bradley.
- The Extreme Searcher’s Internet Handbook: A Guide for the Serious Searcher, 3rd Edition, 2010, by Randolph Hock.
- How to Find Information: A Guide for Researchers, 2nd Edition, 2008, by Sally Rumsey.
- Information Literacy: Search Strategies, Tools & Resources for High School Students and College Freshmen, 2nd Edition, 2008, by Zorana Ercegovac.
- Information Pathways: A Problem-solving Approach to Information Literacy, 2010, by Crystal Fulton.
- Web Dragons: Inside the Myths of Search Engine Technology, 2007, by Ian H. Witten.
- Web of Deceit: Misinformation and Manipulation in the Age of Social Media, 2012, by Anne P. Mintz.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
|Britannica Online Academic Edition: A full-text encyclopedia with video, maps, & more.|
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Bare Bones 101: A Basic Tutorial on Searching the Web, from the University of South Carolina Beaufort Library.
- Basic Steps in the Research Process, from the Cambridge Rindge & Latin School, Research Guide. This source emphasizes that the research process is not a fixed process, but varies with the individual and his/her needs.
- Conducting Research, using the National Archives; see “Finding” & “Citing” Primary Sources.
- Evaluating Information – The CRAAP Test, from Meriam Library at California State University, Chico; this is a quick guide to use to evaluate information in any format.
- Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial, from the University of California Berkeley Library, this offers information on search strategy, evaluation, style guides, and more.
- How to Avoid Plagiarism, from the University of Maryland University College Effective Writing Center. This site offers a tutorial in two formats.
- OWL – Purdue Online Writing Lab, offers excellent help with research, writing, citation, and more.
- The Seven Steps of the Research Process, from Olin & Uris Libraries at Cornell University.
Louisiana Academic Libraries
- LSU Libraries
- McNeese: Frazar Library
- Nicholls: Ellender Memorial Library
- SLU: Sims Memorial Library
- Southern: John B. Cade Library
- ULL: Edith Garland Dupré Library
- UNO: Earl K. Long Library
Louisiana Public and Digital Libraries
- Louisiana Digital Library
- State Library of Louisiana (Baton Rouge)
- See Louisiana Library Connection for other Parish Libraries.
- Ascension Parish Library
- Assumption Parish Library
- East Baton Rouge Parish Library
- Iberville Parish Library
- Livingston Parish Library
- St. Charles Parish Library
- St. John the Baptist Parish Library
- Tangipahoa Parish Library
National and Online Libraries
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.