- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research & Study Help. Find help for researching & writing your papers, and documenting & citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Health Sciences Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- R – Medicine (General).
- R 123 – Nomenclature. Terminology. Abbreviations.
- RA – Public aspects of medicine.
- RA 421 to RA 790.95 – Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine.
- RB – Pathology.
- RB 115 – Nomenclature. Terminology. Abbreviations.
- RC – Internal medicine.
- RC 41 – Dictionaries and encyclopedias
Selected Books in the Library
- Consumer Health Information Source Book, 6th Edition.
Call number: RA 766 .R43 2000.
- Magill’s Medical Guide, 7th Edition, in 5 volumes.
Call number: RC 41 .M34 2014 REF (also available online from Salem Health).
- Medical Terminology Demystified
Call number: R 123 .L363 2006, (also available as an e-book).
- Quick Medical Terminology, 5th Edition.
Call number: R 123 .S62 2011.
- Medical Terminology Simplified: A Programmed Learning Approach by Body System, 4th Edition, 2010, by Barbara A. Gylys and Regina M. Masters.
- Medical Terminology Systems: A Body Systems Approach, 6th Edition, 2009, by Barbara A. Gylys and Mary Ellen Wedding.
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine, 15th Edition, 2008, by Robert B. Wallace, ed., et al.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “works to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S,” providing innumerable information and data.
- CDC Learning Connection offers educational resources.
- MedTerms Medical Dictionary, from MedicineNet.com, their medical dictionary defines over 16,000 medical terms. MedicineNet.com also offers health information and news.
- National Institutes of Health, from the U. S. Department of Health & Human Services, offers information on health topics, news, research, publications, and more, including MedlinePlus.
- Science.gov “searches over 60 databases and over 2200 selected websites from 15 federal agencies, offering 200 million pages of authoritative U.S. government science information including research and development results.” Includes topics in health, medicine, and more.
- See more Health & Nutrition Resources on our Free Online Resources & Tools page.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.