- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing your papers, and documenting and citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Computers and Computer Science Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- HF 5547 to HF 5548.5 – Office management, office automation, including Word processing, Data processing, Software development, and Special computers, systems or programs.
- QA 75.5 to QA 76.95 – Electronic computers. Computer science.
- QA 76.75 to QA 76.765 – Computer software.
- TK 5105.73 to TK 5105.883 – Electronic mail systems, Internet, etc.
- Z 52 to Z 52.5 – Word processing.
Selected Books in the Library
- Computers Simplified, 7th Edition.
Call number: QA 76.5 .M2269 2007
- Windows 7 Bible,
Call number: QA 76.76 .O63 B6868 2009
- Microsoft Office 2007 Simplified,
Call number: HF 5548.4 .M525 K729335 2007
- Microsoft Office 2012 Demystified,
Call number: HF 5548.4 .M525 R49 2012
- Teach Yourself Visually Microsoft Office Access 2007,
Call number: QA 76.9 .D3 W36 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2010: Quicksteps,
Call number: QA 76.9 .D3 C758 2010
- Teach Yourself Visually Microsoft Office Excel 2007,
Call number: HF 5548.4 .M523 M85 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010: Quicksteps,
Call number: HF 5548.4 .M523 C78 2010
- Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 to Create Presentations That Inform, Motivate, and Inspire,
Call number: HF 5718.22 .A87 2008, includes disc.
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010: Quicksteps,
Call number: HF 5718.22 .M388 2010
- QuickBooks 2012: Quicksteps,
Call number: HF 5679 .B3357 2012
- Microsoft Office Word 2007: Quicksteps,
Call number: Z 52.5 .M52 M389 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2010: Quicksteps,
Call number: Z 52.5 .M52 M389 2010
- The Internet and Email for the Over 50s,
Call number: TK 5105.875 .I57 R41685 2010
- Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology, Revised edition, 2009, by Harry Henderson.
- Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 2nd edition, 2009, by Mehdi Khosrowpour.
- Databases: A Beginner’s Guide, 2009, by Andrew J. Oppel.
- Excel 2007 Charts Made Easy, 2009, by Kathy Jacobs, Douglas W. Frye, and Curtis Frye.
- Microsoft Office 2007 Quicksteps, 2009, by Carole Boggs Matthews and Martin S. Matthews.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Quicksteps, 2010, by Carole Boggs Matthews, Martin S. Matthews, and John Cronan.
- PowerPoint 2007 Graphics and Animation Made Easy, 2009, by S. E. Slack and Michelle I. Zavala.
- The PowerPoint Detox: Reinvent Your Slides and Add Power to Your Presentation, 2009, by Patrick Forsyth.
- Touch Typing in Ten Hours: How to Use the Essential’s of Microsoft Word 2007, 3rd edition, revised, 2009, by Ann Dobson.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- HowStuffWorks: Computers, includes information on hardware, software, peripherals, security and the Internet.
- Jan’s Computer Lessons and Tutorials, free tutorials on computer basics, created and maintained by a math and computer instructor; includes information on XP through Windows 7, as well as popular Microsoft Office applications.
- Microsoft Office 365 Training Training, offers training courses for Microsoft Office 365 applications. See a specific application for help with older versions. Formats include videos, webinars, and downloadable materials.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.