- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing your papers, and documenting and citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Business Office Technology Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- HF 5389 – Business and office etiquette.
- HF 5521 to HF 5541 – Office equipment and supplies.
- HF 5546 to HF 5548.6 – Office management, practices; word processing, data processing, spreadsheets, programs and applications.
- HF 5717 to HF 5734.7 – Business communication, writing.
- HF 5735 to HF 5741 – Business records management; document imaging systems, filing systems.
- HG 1615.7 .T4 – Bank tellers.
- HG 1616 .C87 – Banking – customer service.
- HG 1709 – Banking – data processing.
- PE 1478 – Report writing.
- PE 1479 .B87 – Business writing.
- QA 76.9 .D26 to QA 76.9 D337 – Databases; database design; data entry.
- R 728.8 – Medical secretaries, office assistants, etc.
- R 864 – Medical records, including methods of record-keeping.
- Z 49 – Typewriting; keyboarding.
- Z 52 – Word processing.
- Z 253.53 – Desktop publishing.
Selected Books in the Library
- Business and Management Communication: A Guide Book , 2001.
Call number: HF 5718 .B778 2001.
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s Ultimate Book of Business Letters, 2007.
Call number: HF 5721 .K54 2007.
- Keyboarding and Formatting Essentials: Lessons 1-60: Microsoft Word 2007, 2nd Edition, 2008.
Call number: Z 49 .A31 K523 2008.
- The New York Public Library Business Desk Reference, 1998.
Call number: HF 5547.5 .N5 1998.
- Administrative Assistant’s and Secretary’s Handbook, 4th Edition, 2012, by James Stroman.
- The AMA Handbook of Business Documents: Guidelines and Sample Documents That Make Business Writing Easy, 2011, by Kevin Wilson.
- Delmar’s Comprehensive Medical Assisting: Administrative and Clinical Competencies, 1998, by Wilburta Q. Lindh.
- Effective Business Writing, 2009, by Patrick Forsyth.
- The Essential Guide to Business Etiquette, 2007, by Lillian H. Chaney.
- The Teller’s Handbook: Everything a Teller Needs to Know to Succeed, 6th Edition, 1997, by Joan German-Grapes.
- The Valuable Office Professional: For Administrative Assistants, Office Managers, Secretaries, and Other Support Staff, 1997, by Michelle Marie Burke.
- Writing a Report: How to Prepare, Write and Present Really Effective Reports, 8th Edition, 2008, by John Bowden.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
LearningExpress PrepSTEP: Test preparation, computer skills, online learning, job skills. Practice tests, e-books, and more.
Visit How to Access RPCC Library Resources, and go to LearningExpress Library for more information.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Business Management Daily, offers free reports, articles, and videos on various business office and technology topics.
- Professional, Technical Writing, from OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab. It also offers other guides for business writing.
- Small Business Learning Center, from the U. S. Small Business Administration, offers online training and videos for topics like Customer Service, business technology, recordkeeping, and more.
- Online Typing Tutorials:
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.