RPCC Library Services will not offer on-campus proctoring this summer. Please contact your instructor for alternative arrangements or ask your instructor about using ProctorU.
ProctorU is an online proctored testing service that students can use anywhere that has high-speed access to the Internet. A webcam, microphone, and a distraction-free environment are required. There is a charge to utilize Proctor U.
Fee Structure for ProctorU
The fee structure is based on a combination of the length of time allowed for a test and how far in advance of the test deadline a test is scheduled, with increases at each stage.
Exam length starts with a minimum of 30 minutes, 31 to 60 minutes, 31 to 120 minutes, 121 to 180 minutes, or 181 minutes or more.
There are three scheduling options:
- Flex Scheduling: scheduling an exam at least 72 hours ahead of time.
- Take It Soon: scheduling a test less than 72 hours ahead of time.
- Take It Now: scheduling an exam on demand; this may not be available if there isn’t enough time to meet the deadline for a test when trying to schedule your exam.
The actual fee schedule is available in Proctored Testing in Canvas.
Students planning to use this resource must schedule an appointment via the ProctorU portal. ProctorU appointments are not made with the Library. Consult with your instructor before scheduling an appointment. Not all instructors will use ProctorU and it is only for online tests.
Students must create an account with ProctorU in order to schedule and take an online test. Students will need the following to utilize ProctorU services (RPCC does not provide webcams):
- A compatible computer with a webcam and microphone
- High Speed Internet
- Well-lit room with no other people in the room
- Two forms of photo identification
- A credit or debit card to pay for the appointment during the scheduling process
Students using their own laptop, webcam, and microphone may reserve a Study Room in the Library as a quiet place to take their test. RPCC does not provide computers with webcams. Students are responsible for all exam fees for each exam.
For more information, visit: