- These resources are only a sample of what may be available.
- Search our Catalog and Databases for more!
- Try EBSCO Discovery Service for One-Stop Searching! Searches our catalog and most of our databases.
- To get started, try Research and Study Help. Find help for researching and writing your papers, and documenting and citing your sources!
- Visit How to Access Library Resources and How to Use Library Resources for more help.
Electrical Technology Resources
Where to Look? Browse these Call Numbers
- TK – Electrical engineering. Electronics.
- TK 146 – Electric engineering–Textbooks.
- TK 151 – Electrical engineering–Handbooks, manuals, etc..
- TK 152 – Electricity–Safety measures.
- TK 260 – Electrical engineering–Safety measures–Standards–United States.
- TK 452 to TK 454 – Electric apparatus and materials.
- TK 3001 to 3520 – Distribution or transmission of electric power.
- TK 3201 to TK 3285 – Wiring.
- TK 3301 to TK 3351 – Conductors.
- TK 3401 to TK 3441 – Insulation and insulating material.
Selected Books in the Library
- The Complete Guide to Wiring, 5th Edition, 2011
Call number: TK 3284 .C65 2011, includes DVD.
- Electric Circuits, 5th Edition, 2011.
Call number: TK 454 .E45 2011, Schaum’s Outlines series.
- Electrical Safety Handbook, 3rd Edition, 2006.
Call number: TK 152 .C22 2006
- Electrician’s Calculations Manual, 2nd Edition, 2012.
Call number: TK 151 .F74 2012
- Electricity, 10th Edition, 2009.
Call number: TK 146 .G43 2009
- McGraw-Hill’s National Electrical Code 2014 Handbook, 28th Edition, 2014.
Call number: TK 260 .N2 2014
- Dictionary of Electrical Installation Work: Illustrated Dictionary : A Practical A-Z Guide, 1st Edition, 2011, by Brian Scaddan.
- Efficient Electrical Systems Design Handbook, 2009, by Albert Thumann.
- Electrical Power Systems Technology, 3rd Edition, 2009, by Stephen W. Fardo.
- Electricity and Electronics Fundamentals, 2nd Edition, 2008, by Dale R. Patrick.
- Understandable Electric Circuits, 2010, by Meizhong Wang.
Visit our eBook Collections for links to eBook Collection from EBSCOhost and other e-book collections.
LearningExpress PrepSTEP: Test preparation, computer skills, online learning, job skills, etc. Practice tests, e-books, and more. Includes a practice exam for journeyman electrician. Visit How to Access RPCC Library Resources for more information. Individual account required.
Please note that when accessing the databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to login.
- Electrical Code Coalition: its mission “is to increase focus and emphasis on electrical safety for persons and property through direct and full adoption, application and uniform enforcement of the latest edition of the National Electrical Code® (NFPA 70®) as the standard for safe electrical installations.”
- Electricians, from the Occupational Outlook Handbook, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, find out what this job entails, how to become one, wage and salary ranges, and more.
- NFPA: National Fire Protection Association, Offers free online access to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code and others; a free account is required for access.
- O*NET OnLine: Summary Report for Helpers–Electricians: describes the tasks, tools, skills and more needed to be an electrician’s helper.
- In the Library, McGraw-Hill’s National Electrical Code 2014 Handbook, 28th Edition, 2014.
Call number: TK 260 .N2 2014
- NFPA Codes and Standards: Free online access. You will be asked to “sign-in” or create a profile to access the document in read-only format.
Resources outside of RPCC Library are beyond our control. We strive to ensure that our links function and that the resources we recommend are reliable and valid sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems accessing our resources or find any dead links. Please mention the link title and the RPCC Library Services webpage where it was found.